Monday, July 20, 2009

A new program for me...

I am always looking for new ways to improve my fitness level as well as new ideas to apply to my clients. This past week, I was down in Las Vegas for the NSCA National Conference. I am a certified personal trainer through the NSCA (National Strength and Conditioning Association) and was looking forward to everything I was going to learn as well as the contacts I would make.
First of all, I met some amazing people. Second, I learned some really cool stuff. And finally, I discovered a new program. The people I met consisted of the Strength and Conditioning coaches for some major pro teams the NBA and other sports as well as those coaches from the larger universities. I also met some former trainer of the year personal trainers as well as trainers from across the world.
I think the coolest thing I learned was more tips from the inventor of the E3 grip. I had learned some things back in February, but the things I learned this past week were amazing. Stephen helped increase my horizontal jump by 18"!!!
Finally, one of the trainers I met is a guy by the name of Bryan Kavanagh from Dublin, Ireland. He shared with me his Athlete Physique program ideas and I was intrigued. So much that I decided to do the program to see what results I could gain from it. IF you want to follow my progress and my critiques of the program, go to http://robcrenshaw.wordpress.com/ and read on. (Yes another blog... ).

I hope everything is well with you and your workouts are going well! If you haven't been active for a while (Like I haven't posted a post for awhile) then take today to start. (That's T O D A Y... not tomorrow...today!)

Make it a great day!

The Fitness Buff


Again... follow my progress at http://robcrenshaw.wordpress.com/

No comments: