Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Workout for Monday, 2/16/09

Ok, once again I am a day behind posting my workout. My apologies.

Anyway, I hope all is well with you and your workouts are going well. I would like to hear from you to see what you are doing with these workouts. Do you use them exactly how I do them, tweak them a little bit, or make your own? What results are you seeing by following them. I have seen great results in strength, definition, and endurance. And I find that if I don't go 6 days a week like I used to, I still get better results than I did. So please post your results, what you like, what you don't like, or your take on the workouts. Just a quick 10-30 post is all you need. Thanks!

So here goes the workout...

Today was focused on the back..

First complex:

3 rounds of:

Pull-ups - 8 reps
Single Arm overhead Squats - 5 reps each side.
Facepulls - 10 reps
wood chops - 15 reps


Second complex:

3 rounds of:

Horizontal rows - 12 reps
Single leg squats - 10 each leg
Med ball diamond push-ups - 15 reps
Rubber band shoulder to shoulder - 25 reps on each side


Third complex:

3 rounds of:

Glute/Hamstring extension with DB row - 8 reps
Squat jumps - 15 reps
Spiderman - 10 reps each foot
V-sit with med ball twist - 15 each side


Bonus exercises
Db curl - 3 sets of 8 reps

Then I tried a new exercise for me.

Negative reverse grip bar curls - I did 4 sets of 2 because they are killers.

Set up a bar with more weight than you can curl up... or just be able to get maybe one rep. Grab it with a reverse grip, or with palms down. If you know how to clean the bar, clean it up to your shoulders. If not, get someone to help lift it up to the top. Then slowly lower the bar as slow as you can. Repeat.

The glute/ham extension with DB rows are also a new exercise to me. Set up in a glute/ham extension bench (or back extension bench) make sure your hips are above the pads. When you do the extension, you will only bend at the hips keeping your torso tight with a slight arch in the low back. This is going to activate the glutes and hamstrings. At the top, you will then pull the DB's up to your armpits. Lower down until your arms are straight and the DB's are almost touching the floor.

Make it a great day!

I am now going to write today's workout... 2 posts in one day again.

Rob Crenshaw
The Fitness Buff

No comments: