Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Workout for Wednesday, 2/17/09

Ok, today's workout was a last second deal that I had to rush as I didn't get motivated to do it until the last second. It was last second because when I decided to do it, I had just enough time to get to the gym to have an hour workout in before my first client session started. Time always seems to go faster the closer it gets to a deadline and that is what happened today.

Today's focus was on the the chest. I was going to try a new exercise today, but I want to make sure I have enough time to play around with it before I do it.... more on that when I do it. Great chest exercise it looks like. Can't wait!

First complex:

3 rounds of:

DB bench press - 8 reps
Alternating single DB bench press - 8 reps each. (use 1/2 weight of bench press)
DB sumo-deadlift-highpulls - 10 reps
V-sit-up on bench - 20 reps


Second complex:

3 rounds of:

Incline DB press - 8 reps
Plank rows - 8 reps each arm
DB swing - 10 reps
Hanging leg side raise - 8 each side


Third complex:

3 rounds of:

Cable fly's - 8 reps
Cable punch - 12 reps each hand
Single arm reverse grip Tri-cep extension - 8 reps
Cable wood chops - 12 reps each side

Bonus Exercises

3 rounds of:

Weighted dips - 10 reps
Overhead DB Tricep Extension - 10 reps
Decline DB pull-over - 10 reps



Make sure you stretch after this workout. Focus on your chest and shoulders. This workout will strengthen the muscles that are typically tight and shortened already from sitting at a computer or driving.

Enjoy and have fun!

Make it a great day!

Rob Crenshaw
The Fitness Buff

No comments: