Sunday, February 15, 2009

Workout for Saturday, 2/14/09

Happy Valentine's Day! (A day late... )

This workout will get your heart a'pumpin! It sure got mine going. And the best part, it is a workout that you can always improve one. Why? Because you will be able to try and do it faster, or with more weight as you try it. It involves the whole body with many different full body exercises. This will get your metabolism revving helping your body burn off any unwanted fat.

To be honest, the original workout that I created for Saturday was even more intense, but after doing what I did, I was done. They would have been scraping me off the floor with a snow shovel if I attempted the last complex I originally had scheduled. Apparently my eyes were too big for my plate. Either way, this workout will give you a great workout without any need to jump on the treadmill or bike!

So here is the workout... I am thinking of calling this one the "Heart Breaker." Not just because it is on V-day, but it is like the guy that breaks horses. Doesn't mean they are actually broken, but just makes them easier to work with and more efficient in getting the work done. That is what this workout will do for your heart... make it easier and more efficient to get your work done!

First complex:

3 rounds of:

Bar Thrusters - 12 reps
DB Swing - 12 reps
Pull-ups - 8 reps
Push-ups - 15 reps

Second Complex:

3 rounds of:

Sumo-Dead-Lift-High-Pulls - 12 reps
DB Chest press on fit ball - 12 reps
Reverse DB Lunges - 8 each leg
Hanging leg raise- 10 reps

Third Complex:

3 rounds of:

DB Curls - 8 reps
Dips - 12 reps
Face Pulls - 12 reps

Do each complex with as little rest as needed. Rest long enough between complexes to set up new complex.

(What I left out was the circuit of 20 squats, 20 split squats each leg, 20 jump squats, 20 split squat jumps each leg, 6 burpees gone through twice with 2:00 min rest in between rounds)

Make it a great day!!!

Rob Crenshaw
The Fitness Buff

No comments: