Friday, February 13, 2009

Workout for Tuesday, 2/10/09 - out of order & Catching snow flakes on the tongue.

So as I mentioned yesterday, I apparently forgot to post Tuesday's workout. Sorry about that!

Have you ever tried to catch a snowflake on your tongue? Or have you seen those contests where the person goes in a telephone sized wind tunnel and they blow money all around him and he tries to grab as much money as possible? The key to both is to focus on one snowflake or one dollar bill until you catch it. When you look at all the flakes or all the money at once or look from one to the next to the next, you lose focus on your goal and you end up getting hit in the eye. In fact if you focus too much on all the flakes falling down, soon enough you will be standing knee deep in the stuff. (Especially here in Wisconsin!)

So what does this have to do with my workout? Nothing! But it has everything to do with why I didn't post Tuesday's workout and why Wednesday's was a day late as well. You see, when successful people decide to launch multiple projects, they do them one at a time so they can focus on each one until it is ready to run on its own and they can focus on another project. I, however, decided to launch 2 new projects all while trying to keep two others going that aren't fulling going themselves, and still building a third one. I started looking at the blizzard in front of me instead of that one snowflake I wanted. So what did I do? I took out the shovel, cleared a little area to give me good footing and then focused on one flake. Once I did that, that project was done quickly and I launched my online training program just a couple of days ago with a system in place that will allow it to run without me thinking too much about it. This blog was one of those things I had to shovel to the side. But now I am back with a much better approach as well so I can keep things going like they should!

Ok, so on to the workout...

Workout for Tuesday, 2/10/09

Focus today is on the back and Bi-ceps.

First complex:

Three rounds of:

Pull-ups - 8 reps
DB Swing - 15 reps
Single leg deadlift (no weight, take opp hand down to toe) - 8 reps each
Cable wood chops - 10 reps each side


Second complex:

Three rounds of:

DB Row - 8 each side
Decline Spiderman Push-ups - 5 each side
Squat Jumps - 15 reps
"V" Sit-up on bench - 20 reps


Third complex:

Three rounds of:

Face Pulls - 10 each
Fit ball back extensions - 15 reps
Mt. Climbers - 10 reps each side
Ab bar roll out - 10 reps


Finishing exercises:
Incline DB curls - 3 sets of 8 reps


3 rounds of:
Balance board (or BOSU ball) hammer curls - 12 reps each arm
Rubber band curls - 50 reps

(My biceps just started twitching from the thought of that last one!)

Enjoy! Comment with questions you may have!

Make it a great day!

Rob Crenshaw
The Fitness Buff

No comments: